Welcome to our Year 6 classes page!
For all correspondence, please click on the Correspondence tab found on our Home page. If you need any further information about Year 6, please contact the class teachers via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the links below for further information on the Year 6 Curriculum and ideas to support your child.
Our Termly Value Discussion – Honesty
- If you break something, you don’t blame others, you take responsibility, even when this is hard to do
- Choosing kindness – sometimes it is better to be kind than being brutally honest and this isn’t counted as lying. Honesty isn’t always the best policy (if you don’t have something nice to say, just don’t say anything)
- Knowing who you truly are – being honest with your identity and your personal opinions, strengths and weaknesses
- Being open with your feelings
- Not lying to family, teacher, friends, other children
- Not forcing yourself to fit in with others – not lying about what you like so you can fit in with others, not lying to impress people
- It is hard to reverse – if you have been dishonest, people won’t trust you for a long time
- Owning up to yourself and accepting that what you think is your best can be bettered – you might think you are really good at something but if you are honest with yourself you could realise that you are actually being a bit lazy – if you work harder then you will be even better. Don’t settle
- Knowing which secrets are important to keep and knowing when to protect someone by sharing their secret with a trusted adult
- Being honest if something you have to prove to people so they trust and respect you
A variety of activities, games, websites and ideas for your child to have a go at, in order to enrich and extend their learning. Do note that some activities may need adult support.